Re: Another Old Msg.

You know, I have no info on HK . . .  The last time I tried logging on there
was well over 6 months ago. I had a tremendous amount of trouble attaining a
modem connection (didn't you have much the same problem? something to do with
a gizmo he put in to split the line either with a fax machine or his TDD
unit?). When I finally did, I d/l'd like at least a hundred K worth of msg.s,
and none of it had anything in common with the subject matter you would be apt
to find in the board's heyday. Things had gone local and parochial with a
vengeance. So there was not much reason to keep coming back, and anyway, not
long after, I just couldn't get a modem lock at all. And I gave up. Too bad.
For 3 - 5 years, that was one of the best boards in the country. You would
never gather a collection of folks like that under one roof anytime, anywhere
. . . .