Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

flash wrote:
I merely have to tweak the external drive letter in startup.int to match that of the USB socket on each new machine
You can avoid all that by configuring Xy as portable, using
either Carl's or Robert's method. Search the archive.
One advantage of running Xy off a CD or memory stick is that it is unaffected by Windows service packs on the host machine.
Huh? How so? I mean, service packs affect the whole Windows
setup, and everything that runs under it, no?
And by the by, in XP Home (haven't had a chance to test with Pro
at the office yet) running a DOS app apparently doesn't qualify
as an "event" in Event Viewer. Yesterday, I ran both Xy and dBase
(had to do the latter by means of opening a DOS prompt, CD /D
d:\dbase5, dbase, since it still won't load from a shortcut) and
then looked at Event View. No mention of either.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx