Re: sa/rtf

Michael Norman wrote:
Then I open one of the older files that failed to convert, copy everything to clipboard, paste from clipboard into the freshly created test file, and lo-and-behold, sa\rtf runs without a hitch. I wonder what's hanging sa/rtf in my original files? A puzzlement.

Try having both versions open, in adjoining windows, and run
FileCompare (i.e., Find Difference, Find Match; Ctrl- and
Ctrl+ in the out-of-the-box keyboard) on them to see if Xy
finds any difference. IF not, you'll probably have to List
them in Hex. Do you have Doc Summary turned on?
Also SEarch to see if the original one has a backslash in it anyplace. When I was having trouble, it was because the file I was trying to convert has some \ed text that looked to Xy like RTF already, so it was tying to convert from RTF, when it wasn't. I got around it by using /NV, but TAME is rendering that impossible for your.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx