Re: Slow repeat rate

At 10:39 AM 12/27/2008, Jon Pareles wrote:
Michael, your settings were already in the file you sent me before. Harry, I tried yours (replacing the whole Tame Console), no difference. But it was the Edit/Key Repeat Adjustment I needed! Edit--now that's such a logical place to put settings...got to love the circuitous mind behind Tame. I have it cranked up to 9, and while it's still uneven, it's definitely an improvement.
Jon, reason I stick with Pre7 is that it works on my system. If you
don't have it, I can send it offline. It may solve the jerkiness.
FYI, I've just started a new book and am going to try NB full-time
and see how it goes. Robert has enough tweaks and re-rigging to make
it AlmostXY. And his portable NB is great. I run it everywhere. He
even amended the opening routine so you can load your favorite font.
And you don't have to worry about the underlying architecture of TAME
to make it work. Anyway, I may be on a fool's errand. We'll see.

Michael Norman