Re: searching text in files

** Reply to note from  02/12/96 4:57pm EST

> Magellan still breathes quite well for me under OS2 Warp and
> XYWrite files perfectly.
>
> > Richard T. Pienciak
> pienciak@xxxxxxxx

Same here. Magellan and XyDOS 4 are my only remaining DOS apps. If
anyone has used IBM SearchManager/2 I be interested to know how
well it works. I believe the old DOS indexer ZyIndex now has a
Windows version that is rather expensive. Given the utility of index
and search software I'm surprised there isn't more available. Maybe
everyone's using WordPerfect; I think it has indexing built into its file
management.

Cheers,
John G.

J.L. Gordon