Re: zap eof?

Ah, yes, Leslie, menus, too . Well, I just took the radical
step of pulling out my xyDos 4 manuals. As I interpret the
default 1A= toggle, the situation I described earlier--where a
midfile eof would hide the text that follows from view and make
it vulnerable to a disk write--is the only consideration xyDos
gives the eof. If the 1A option is set to 1 instead of the
default 0, xyW disregards a midfile ascii 26 (hex 1A). Happily,
erasing the usual eof for other purposes with an external utility
is easy and harmless. If need be, xyW just adds a new one. --anni

====================== annie fisher | nyc | okAnnie@xxxxxxxx