Re: Countchars

Reply to note from "M.C."  Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:39:15
+0100

Manuel:

> A last question: would it be possible to avoid the exclusion of
> the text nested in footnotes if I use the /nf parameter with
> Countchars?

Ha! I was wondering when you would ask for that. No time like the
present.

What about formatting within footnotes? Surely you'd want to
exclude nested formatting from the count, same as formatting in the
main text. Your wording seems quite precise on this point ("avoid
the exclusion of the TEXT nested in footnotes"). Let me know if you
meant otherwise.

Also, what about other embedded printable text (headers, footers,
etc. -- is there anything else)? I assume you wouldn't object to an
option to carve those out of the /NF option as well.

I've been thinking also that frame DAF (Delete All Formatting)
should have an analogous option to carve out footnotes, etc. -- in
this case, to shield them from deletion. Or, conversely, an option
to delete ONLY the specified commands and let all the rest stand.
Or a choice to do one or the other (exclude|include). If you have a
point of view on this, please let me know.

I'll add your request to the to-do list. And, yes, when the dust
settles, I'll write a Help screen.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx