Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Another way to tackle this would be to upgrade to Xy 4
with U2. There's a U2 routine to SA/RTF--Save a file or
a defined block of text to Rich Text Format. Then you
import that into Word. All the formatting should go
over, since it uses the Filters (check for the latest
ones; I don't recall if the Word filters were among
those on that Hungarian site?). When your colleague
gives you back the file, use the filters to convert
back to Xy. Robert has detailed explanations and a
sample batchfile with the filters. You may have to
clean up some redundant formatting (caused by both the
filters and the formatting defaults in both Word and
Xy), but stripmd does that.
Search the archives for locations of files and
directions, esp. of setting the properties of the
shortcut in the various versions of Windows. I think I
have a compilation of ones on XP, if you need it.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx