Re: Time/Date/Etc In Xpl

Joel: A P.S. to my last message re XyIII+ vs. Xy4 and the issue of speed: It
occurs to me that if you're using XyWrite, as you say, "in a highly automated
`robot' mode, ... using XPL macros", it's quite possible the speed advantage
would lie with Xy4 with its enhanced XPL. My experience has been that routines
coded natively for Xy4 often run faster -- sometimes *much* faster -- than did
their counterparts in XyIII+. Why? Because, as you probably know,
Xy4|Signature finally delivered a usable Error Suppression (ES 1) command,
vastly improved display-freezing (func DX), and the ability to blind-execute
commands (func BX or BN), among many other enhancements. For manual editing,
however, XyIII+ would be faster, certainly; though if you're dealing routinely
with very large files, the advantage again goes to Xy4. XyIII+ is relatively
limited in the way it manages memory; in my experience, it often sputters and
dies during the editing of very large, heavily-formatted files (though still
much superior to its contemporaries in this respect). So, even if your current
setup is satisfactory, Xy4 may be worth a second look. Just a thought....