Re: which computer

Yes, that's my reading. But I understand support for it will be dropped soon. Right? And shouldn't I be concerned about that?

Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
From: mailto:BrennerNY@xxxxxxxxBrennerNY@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: which computer

Both warn that software developments may make DOS programs unusable later. ME is already causing me problems with getting to a DOS prompt. I had no problem with Windows 95--and still don't on my laptop. But of course the difficulty is in other programs one might want to/have to run such as virus-protection stuff, isn't it? And in email delivery programs.

The computer repair guy I use tells me that Windows 98 is the best compromise in this situation because it has fewer bugs than ME. It's also less likely to be a target of new viruses than XP.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.8/113 - Release Date: 9/27/2005