Re: has anyone tried mind mapping software?

At 08:09 AM 1/7/2009, Andy Turnbull wrote:
Has anyone tried the mind mapping software from thebrain.com? It looks like a good idea, but I wonder. I don't like trying new things because it might screw up my computer.
I have not tried this but have been thinking about it. http://www.sandboxie.com/ Also, I don't know about "mind mapping" -- I think my cranial topography is beyond cartographic correction -- but I have looked very hard at so-called note-taking software, which is really note organizing software. See http://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/NoteTakers1/index.php I used Treepad/Biz http://www.treepad.com/ , a simple two-pane organizer, for a recently completed book, but, to expand this discussion a bit, I'm determined not to repeat my old paper-bound ways on my current project and avoid collecting the twenty bankers boxes of documents I did last time. I'm moving to mostly e-documents, pdfs primarily. Treepad does not import pdf's so I'm looking again. Establishing e-filing cabinets then finding a way to extract and collect information from the e-files is not as simple as it sounds. Obviously a good bibliographic program is essential to all of this. Since, atavistically, I lean more to loose-leaf binders than 3X5 cards, my basic scheme at least lends itself to note-organizers, but there really aren't any good ones around...at least that I've stumbled on yet. Michael Norman