Re: not enough memory for spellcheck in XY4

Reply to note from "Paul Breeze"  Tue, 28
Mar 2000 16:24:58 +0100

-> when I try spellcheck (F7), I get a message telling me there is
-> insufficient memory to perform this function.

Instruct Xy to use expanded memory by adding the /E switch to your
launch command. For example,

C:\XY4\EDITOR/E4000

4000 (4 Megs) is the maximum. Use of this switch presupposes that
sufficient physical memory is available and your DOS session is
configured (in Properties) to use expanded (EMS) memory. The amount
of EMS allocated to the session should exceed the number in the
command switch by at least 230 Kb. Thus if you have /E4000, your
session should be equipped with at least 4230 Kb of expanded memory.

-> in XY4 in draft mode, the text strays beyond my right hand
-> margin. In XY3 it remains within the margins I set (lm5,
-> rm75). Can I return to the XY3 screen format?

Sure you can. Simply set default WF to 1. This is usually done in
SETTING.DFL with the following:

;WF 1 wraps text to fit window borders in draft and expanded views
df wf=1

Remember to reLOAD SETTINGS.DFL.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx