Re: Posting to the XyWrite Mail List: New Policy

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Mon, 05 May 2003
> 11:47:29 -0800
>
> > The existence of the Xy-Search engine leads me to the
> > conclusion that messages must be available to anyone who knows
> > where to look, or perhaps to anyone starting from Google, or
> > one of the other major web-search engines.
>
> That's correct, it's public. Posters' e-mail addresses are
> partially hidden, to foil spammers.

That's pretty neat, Carl ! Can you tell me how you did this (globally)
? I subscribe to another Mail List that has a message archive, the
links to which were broken for a good while. They are in the process of
restoring this, but some members have raised concerns about Spammers
trolling through this stuff. Hopefully what you did is not too software
specific, or overly labor intensive. In that case, the solution could
be quite useful for them. I would also have some interest in how the
XySearch engine was implemented, in case that solution might be
"portable" as well.

Jordan