Re: re Northgate keyboards

I'm afraid you mean me, and the outfit I mentioned says they no longer
service the old Northgate Omnikey Keyboards. I bought a replacement for my
original one a few years ago, and the replacement is still running. I just
keep my fingers crossed.
You might want to give them a call, all the same. They are Skywalker
Communications, 1000 south Service Road West, O'Fallon, MO 63366, telephone
636-272-8025. (They're 25 or 30 miles West of St. Louis on I-70).
A local outfit that does a lot of repair and refurbishing of old hardware
suggested I try detaching the keyboard and giving it a brisk brushing, to
dislodge any possible crumbs and other particles. That was during a
despairing week when my replacement Omni Keu Ultra appeared to have died on
me. However, I had forgotten the trick of booting up with ESC depressed to
restore default settings, and when I found that again and ran it, the day
was saved.
I use my OmniKey keyboard all day every day, and have done on a succession
of computers. I do so with my heart in my mouth (and one of those "safe
computing" keyboard covers over the keys); when it goes, I think I probably
will, too.

Good luck.

-- Bob Kubie