Re: Bottom-Of-File (BF) Question

"J. R. Fox" wrote:

> Leslie Bialler wrote:
>
> > My Xy4 keyboard is a heavily modified version of the one that came with
> > Xy4 that was designed for 3+ users.
>
> Mine is a hybrid also, but basically a carried-over 3+ keyboard to which
> various things were added or altered.

About what I did.

> .
>
> > The standard-issue keyboard was the
> > one that would adapt to the then just beginning conventions that we're
> > now all familiar with (e.g., end means end-of-line not end of screen,
> > etc.).
>
> You seem to be referring to the CUA conventions ? I never changed the old
> End = End of Screen, Home = Top of Screen. I wasn't sure if doing so was
> acceptable, without adopting the other CUA stuff, which I mostly didn't
> care for.

Oh is that what it's called? Well it isn't very logical and I have _never_
really gotten used to it. How can "home" be beginning of line? It makes no
sense. Anyway: You can change 'em all if you want. You can, e.g., make the
middle (grey) left arrow key act differently from the superfluous white arrow
key.

> Jordan

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)