Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

Well, that couldn't have been easier. I followed the instrux, created a
shortcut, and voila. It's coming up in a small-ish window that I'm
unable to resize. I'd be interested in hearing how to run it
full-screen, or at least in a larger screen than it's running in now
(I'm on a 14-inch laptop, and the Xy window is taking up about a quarter
of the screen.

After not running Xy for at least three years, it's interesting how
quickly some of my keyboard shortcuts came to mind. Told you those
neural pathways were burned in.
Thanks again, and any pointers about changing screen size, fonts, etc.
would be appreciated.

Mark

flash wrote:
Mark,
Hurrah, another 3-ler who's not afraid to admit it! Welcome. III does
everything I need it to.

If you can find your image on CD somewhere, just drag-drop it into a
folder on your XP machine. That'll be easiest. Make sure that the folder
is 'in the path'. You'll need to do this manually. Attached is a screen
shot showing you where to do that; just connect the dots, and add the
following to the last entry in the path:

;[drive letter where xy3 folder is located+colon]\[folder where xy3 is
located]

example

;I:\xy3

if the folder is on the boot partition, then

;%SystemRoot%\[xy3 folder]

This is necessary in order for Xy to find its spelling dictionary, for
example. Otherwise you'll get a 'file not found' message when invoking
certain functions.

You may want or need to tweak the startup.int file a bit to get best
results in XP, and you may need to tweak some things to get good screen
fonts and smooth cursor motion; nothing we haven't solved here.

We'll burn those bridges when we get to them. Let us know how you are
coming along.

Best of luck.

Flash