Re: 7 vs 8.1

Thanks, Carl. I'm a little trepidatious, but may try this using my
Parallels for Windows.

Regards,
Harry
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 09 Aug
2015 13:42:42 -0400

Harry,

> Anyone tried running W7 within W7 ... ?

Yes, that was how I first ran XyWrite after I got my 64-bit Win7
machine last year (i7 processor, SATA drive): 32-bit Win7 Pro running
in VirtualBox under 64-bit Win7 Home Premium. I don't remember
experiencing any speed differential as between the VM and the real
machine. I stopped using the VM after vDosXy came along. But if a
subset of programs, such as browsers, are problematic to the main
system, a VM is absolutely a viable alternative.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx