Re: Calling Files Sequentially

I think it's time to return to the original message, which I gather some
of those who have weighed in did not read. Jack asked how to call a
sequence of files in a certain order. I think that the purport of the
messages so far is that from within XY you can sort a list of the files
in any way you want. But Jack's question is different: how you sort the
FILES themselves, so when you use the EN function (on ^*@N), they will
come up in the order you want.

Let's say you have a directory with 3 files, in this order: nac, nab,
naa. You can LIST them in any order you want. But when you use

CA \temp\n*

you will open nac. Using the EN function will then open nab, than naa.
If you want to open them in alphabetical order you need to use an
external utility first to resort the files in the order naa, nab, nac.
Same for any other order you want. My version of DOS 6.2 does not have a
DSORT command, and it isn't listed in my manual. But there are plenty
of such shareware utilities for anyone who does not have Norton
Utilities or isn't into DEBUG.