Re: XPL for quick conversion

Doug Beeson:

I have tested out various conversions between XyWrite and WPW
6.1. It appears that the XY export filter will do more of the
job than the WPW import filter (actually for an early version of
XYWIN--it is well out of date). Since I began using XyWin when I
need Windows functions, I haven't used WPW, so I can't tell you
which functions the conversion doesn't handle. Once you
determine what they are by converting a complex file, you can
make a simple XW macro to convert those features to a generic
markup, and a simple WPW macro to convert them to its markup.

When someone replies to my inquiry about how to incorporate
dialog box choices in macros, you will have an answer to yours
about putting the basic conversion on a button.

Good luck, and let us know how you finally handle the problem.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325