Re: looks like I've been hijacked

I've got a problem that might interest some members of the group, and that
might be a concern.
I keep my xy test files in directory \a, under windows. Yesterday I was
trying to save them on a usb key, but the key kept choking on one file it
said it could not move. More, it would not move any files after that one.
I finally found the file VDM37E, in my 'notes' file, \a\notes. Turns out
it's a link to a Finnish web page that looks like a search engine -- but how
can a text file in my \a directory send me to a website? And bad news -- the
word "hijack" shows up in the translation.

There's a pile of code on the site, which I assume is the reason for it.

Worse, I can't delete this file. It seems I am not "authorised" to touch it.
It probably has all your addresses now, and is trying to get into your computers.

My AFG Free program can't find it.
I don't know where it came from but on the day it arrived, (Nov 18/08, 9:51 pm, according to my 'puter) I allowed two 'outsiders' to connect to my computer, in an attempt to solve a problem with my SMC Networks wireless modem. It seems there is a "default" address built into the router, which sends me to a website in the States. It doesn't seem to affect my Toshiba computer, but it did screw up my Mac. (the virus is in my windows machine.) It was not connected at 9:51 pm, but is that the time it arrived or the time it was sent -- perhaps from some other time zone?)
In an effort to solve it I let Mac help connect to my windows computer, and
I also let Rogers (a local cable company, very big but not the best
reputation) connect to my windows machine.
Be warned. This thing is loose, and it may have your address. I'd appreciate
it if anyone can figure out how to get rid of it.
(the code on the website might provide a clue, to someone who understands
it.)

andy turnbull