Re: Welcome to my hometown

                         Michael Edwards.

[Rene von Rentzell:]

>Frankly, this whole virus scare gets so boring. I would love to join the
>hysteria if I could see a reason.... but all I see is executable
>attachments being sent around, and people stupid enough to run them.

   I don't know if many people deliberately run these things; but I think the
problem is that on some e-mail programs, the attachments get executed when the
selection bar rests on the relevant e-mail in the list, and this is very easy to
do accidentally - even if you notice the suspicious e-mail and mentally tag it
as a probable virus.
   I have done it a few times myself, but I do not appear to get infected with
this virus, which I have received many times. I use Windows 95, which I have
read does not have something called a "scripting host", which you need for these
viruses to run. A very good reason not to change to a more recent version of
Windows or Internet Explorer, it seems to me. It does crash Outlook Express
instantly, though, which is a nuisance. I suppose that's better than getting
infected, though.

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.