Re: TYP and newer printers

I think the problem may be with my Ghostscript installation (the
same on all three systems). The fonts folder is right off c:\gs;
i.e., c:\gs\fonts, whereas the code of Robert's xy2pdf seems to
expect it to be \bin\fonts. Anyone else have Ghostscript? What
version? Where is the fonts folder?

This could be one of those things where Ghostscript is determined
to go in c:\Program Files--where I don't want to put it, because
Xy has problems with that directory (a long while ago, someone
posted an explanation: IIRC, it was that C:\Program Files is
actually 2 directories, one inside the other, and both named
Program Files. Which naturally throw Xy--and any other DOS app--a
curve).

Carl Distefano wrote:
I take it that the printer pop-ups and the printer/modem conundrum
are not anything new, and are therefore not likely to be the
culprit.

They are new, comparatively. I have been doing nothing much
except accounting and e-mail for over a year, during which I
acquired two new printers. Now that I'm finally getting back to
XyWriting, I find this glitch.

The fact that the BATch files are not being deleted suggests that
one or more BATch commands is bombing. The first thing I'd do is run
the commands manually from the CMD prompt and see if you get error
messages, which might throw light on the problem.

Problem: the batch files are all one long command. So maybe
they're not being created correctly? Which means either
Ghostscript has changed or something is skew whiff in all three
systems.
I did carefully type the contents of one of the TYP-created ones at a command prompt, and got no error message. But this was on the laptop, which has no printer attached! Will try it on the desktop, which is hooked up to the Epson printer (which suffers no spit personality).
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx