Re: Printer help (again)

At 3/7/2002 09:06 AM -0500, Tim Baehr wrote:
My printers have included my venerable HP IIIP, a Brother LED, and the HP 6-whatever (the cheapie). My Xy-original drivers are fine; the IIIP driver and the driver for the HP 4 series. The key is PCL. XyWrite drivers for the HP printers are OK with PCL 3 and above, in my experience.
Windows-only printers probably don't support PCL, which is HP's
proprietary page description language. The Brother just happened to have
HP emulation.
Thanks, Tim. This is what a few folks were looking for the other day, a
spec to check before buying a new printer.

Michael Norman