Re: plagiarism

George Scithers of owlswickpress@xxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie Bialler"
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: plagiarism

> Hah and hah! That explains something. I remember years ago picking up a
> sci-fi book billed as a promising first novel by a new author and I
browsed
> through the first few pages and found it intriguing, so I bought it.

Probably the "promising" new author's last published novel as well.

John Brunner, quoting Mr R A Heinlein, who was in turn quoting L Ron
Hubbard, argues that there were only three plots: Man learns better, The
Little tailor, and Boy meets girl. This is based on the principal ways that
a person can change: by learning something significant about the outside
world, by learning something about himself (which is a way one grows up),
and by getting into or out of an emotional attachment with another person.

G Scithers