SWEEP command

Diverting the list discussion back to the minor issue of the SWEEP command posted by Carl a while back, I'd appreciate learning how to dedicate a keystroke to popping it to the command line with the cursor between the two /s in order to put in a search string then go. I understand the need for commas between each term in the keyboard file, and the CO function for a literal comma, but so far I have not been able to get this to work. I don't know how to dedicate a key to simply put content on the command line. (Hi Carl!)