Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

I, too was going to ignore this but....

Let me offer a ditto to David's comments, and also add, as i mentioned to my
reply to Leslie, i use products on the Unix side that offer many of the
features that i admire in xywrite. I use slrn for newgroup reading, Mutt for
email, and vim for general text editing within these applications. Each of
these applications is free, open source, offers more functionality than
their PC counterparts (whether M$ or Netscape), are character based (but not
exclusively), are customizable in just about every aspect, are small in code
size so they perform blazingly fast, work with everything i receive from
everyone else (i.e. word docs, etc.)

so i feel comfortable in not only saying the MS creates inferior products, i
can show people alternatives, get my job dones lots faster than before, and
support better designed tools!

fwiw,

Russ