Re: Footnotes/Endnotes formatting

At 07:07 AM 1/4/2008, Paul Lagasse wrote:
My method'll convert all instances of ≪PN≫ to page numbers -- it's grabbing the PN's in headers and footers too, so if those are trashed, just run the program on a copy of the doc, extract the info you need, and ditch the copy. But doing it this way uses PN to pinpoint where the page number should go in the footnote, and strips it out. If PN isn't yet and needn't be in the footnote, Harry's method is better.
Thanks, Paul\Harry. I have not used XPL in a while, but let me try to
create a loop. I could also just put ≪VA$PG≫ on a key, search for
≪PN≫, then hard put the value in the note. Both methods, however,
your loop and my hand dipping, do not allow for chapters changing
length, so that the FN can automatically adjust the page number.
Maybe in editor.exe V5. [BTW, Carl's efn in U2 makes editing notes easy.]
Also, FYI, SP on my machine still produces in print a superscript *3*
before every endnote and a *3* in the text to mark the local of the
note. Got to be something in the printer file.
Michael Norman