Re: (fwd) Hurray for InfoWorld - Win95 L

Harmon Seaver asked "BTW, what code is XY done in now? It appears too large for assembler
(though I haven't taken the time to put it through my ICE cracker
to actually look) and too slow also. Was it completely re-written for v. 4?"

Interesting you should feel that the product is slow. In fact,
the core of our products is still assembler, although new
modules are written in C. In most objective reviews and
comparisons our products are still regarded as the fastest of
all word processors. Used in the same manner, e.g.,
non-graphics, as older versions, our benchmarks indicate that
Xy4 and XyWin are on the whole as fast, and in many significant
respects even faster than older versions.  The differences
relate to new, more complex functions that don't have
counterparts in the older products.

Also, obviously a GUI (whether it Windows or OS/2) adds a layer
of overhead not present in DOS, but if you run our Windows
product in draft mode I do not believe any objective observer
would ever say it was slow.

K.