Re: search

As the quest continued for ever simpler ways to repeat a search, Harry
Binswanger pointed out that
>... the second command
>doesn't need anything but the F5 then the "seb" (and maybe a F9)!
>
>In other words, if you don't specify a search string, Xy automatically
uses
>the last one!

I tried this in XyWin and found that to repeat a previous search required a
few more keystrokes than Harry said. When I keyed
        {F5}se /word/{F9}
the cursor went to the next occurrence of "word". But then when I keyed
        {F5}se //{F9}
and marveled to see the command line magically change to read
        {F5}se /word/{F9}
the search didn't execute. Instead, I got the error message
        Separator is missing
If I then hit ESC and F9, the search did indeed execute.

As I noted a day or two back, I've done some stupid and culpable fiddling
with my XyWin, and that may be why I'm getting this result.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel