Autoexpand

Once more, an idea re autoexpand:
You can get a lot of mileage out of autoexpand besides automatically
correcting 'hte' to 'the'. If you put an unlikely character (like x) before
abbreviations, you can get autoexpand/autocorrect to put in stuff as you type
-- sort of like a shorthand. Some of the ones I use are x+[zipcode abbrev],
such as xma -> Massachusetts, xme -> Maine, etc. I also have xus and xusa.
 You can do similar things with days of the week, month names, etc.
 Advantage is not only speed but accuracy: how many doubled letters in
'Mississippi'? -- Who cares; just type xms.

BTW, it is helpful if we change the subject line when the thread migrates to
a new skein. I tend to automatically delete stuff from threads I'm not
following, without scanning them first. Anybody else have that problem?

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx