More on Tame

After using XyWrite (4DOS) under Tame (4.41) for a few days, I see that
there is still a problem with keys 100-103 (the dedicated cursor keys)
and keys 91-93 and 95-97, regardless of whether their assignments start
with the NI function call.

On my system, these keys respond significantly more slowly under Tame
than do other keys; if one holds one of them down for a few seconds and
then releases it, the cursor continues to move for a noticeable period
of time (or the character continues to echo on the screen, if one
assigns it a character), rather than stopping more or less dead. Tame
definitely makes a difference to these keys---they no longer echo
jerkily---but it has considerably less effect on them than it does on
the other keys. (The number-pad cursor keys, in particular, are
virtually fully "corrected" by Tame.)

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics