RE: for the variously challenged

My understanding is that there are more than several different methods of password-type security. Some are simple enough for the
asterisk-revealers to work on...others, not so much. In order to retrieve most of the passwords on
your (or others) machine, you
need a toolkit with many different type of "crackers".

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

> > Now paranoia sets in: if this program can reveal the asterisks to me, how
> > do I know it isn't "phoning home" with it to the program's authors?
>
>Ahh, you caught me! There I was just getting ready to set up my "Harry
>Binswanger's passwords" file, expecting some permutations of Ayn, for
>sure...

Could be. I'm not saying yes, I'm not saying no. Well, maybe I'm saying yes.

>However, the real problem with the program whose link I sent is that it
>doesn't work. At least not on my system, and with Firefox.

I can't seem to get it to do anything, either. I assume that I just don't
know how to use it. I've emailed the company, but no response yet.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.