Re: XyWrite to MS Word Migration

> I used XyWrite (3.57) extensively until about 10 years ago, then moved into
> WordPerfect, and later into MS Word. I still have all my old XyWrite files,
> but have forgotten most of the navigation commands. Wonder if anyone might
> have some suggestions on batch migration processing. And, baring that,
> anyway to copy a XyWrite file to the clipboard for copying into MS Word?
> Thanks.

Best option I know of (and I am reluctantly coverting some files right
now) is to open the XyWrite files in Word as text files ("All Files"), then
run the attached macro on them. It doesn't handle everything perfectly
(headers and footers are the biggest issue), but for manuscript-type files
it works well enough.

Best,

  K-Mac

--
 Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
 Co-author with Arthur C. Clarke of THE TRIGGER

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,