Re: Glitches in XyDOS 4 &/or XyWin

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Stay away from Scroll Lock; it's more trouble than it's worth. To
> record keystrokes, assign func RK to a key (it's Ctrl-K in XY4.KBD)
> which use to toggle Record Keystroke mode on and off. Issue
> SAVERK [filename] to save the recorded keystrokes to a file (which
> will require editing). I don't remember whether there's a function
> or command to clear the record-keystroke buffer. Anyone know?

I think it's a toggle, Carl. But I'm not 100% sure. I.e., if you hit
ctrl-K again, the recording stops. But I don't have those on my keyboard
any more. . . .

> Better still, learn how to embed XPL commands from the CMline. It's
> no harder than embedding any other command. And, in the long run,
> far less trouble than editing a mish-mash of recorded keystrokes.

... . . because that's what I do.

> If you opt to insert a physical marker, I suggest enclosing it in a
> non-printing NoTe or LaBel, so that if you forget to delete it (and
> sooner or later you *will* forget), it won't disturb printing.

Good idea! I am going to start doing this.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)