Re: Xy Win/macros, etc.

Mimi:
>Thanks for the information. I'm very happy with Xy Dos. I need to learn Xy
>Win, as much as possible so that I can teach it to future employees who will
>be less frightened by the blank, black screen, or falling into the black
>hole of Xy DOS. Seems it is becoming more difficult to find people to
>learn Xy DOS these days, and I get caught up in teaching the program and
>then back logged with work.

XY-Win should be quite useful for weaning people from SLP (silly little
picture) interfaces to the more efficient command line.
Your newcomers will find the familiar little icons and menus on top,
so they can click and mouse around just like they are used to.
And then you can gently point them to the little, coily hidden command
line at the bottom and ask them if they know what that is. Of course
they don't, but after a while they will find out how incredibly practical
it is for those who can type.

>macros I use regularly. Mostly, I need to indent blocks of paragraphs
>quickly (i.e. "ip 5,5" or "ip .5,.5" - seems in XyWin the numbers are
>different). I do this for long quotes.

That is something you can set in the settings.dfl file. Take a look at
it -- it largely explains itself.

>Does anyone know of a fast way to
>do that in Xy Win, by the way????)

If you always use the same indent positions, why not define them under
a few keys?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "The Germans [of the Nazi era] were excellent. For us they were
-- good. They drew the borders of Albania as they should be. I missed
-- them." Sejdi Gashi, 84, Albanian refugee, Kosovo, awaiting Kfor