Re: spammistry & telemarketing

At 09:37 AM 11/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>So far, list members have received 1 spam and upwards of 30 messages
>discussing it. That spam sure is bad stuff.

So that this won't be number 31, I'm referring here to telemarketing:

>For everyone else, the delete key is a practical solution, the
>cyberequivalent of hanging up on telemarketers.

I think hanging up on telemarketers (which I used to do) is not the best
response. The better thing to do is to say: please remove my number from
your calling list.

I hope it's not an urban legend, but I have heard that there are laws
requiring them to do this if you tell them to.

Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx