Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

I don't even clearly recall what problems Tame was supposed to resolve.
1. Jerky cursor movement 2. 100% CPU usage when Xy is in the background
Xy4DOS has always been on my XP systems, and I never found any need to investigate Tame. But then I nearly always run Xy fullscreen, so if it has anything to do with running with less than the entire screen I wouldn't know. Laptops might be a special case, but I don't recall any insurmountable problems there either. Jordan From: Lynn Brenner To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 6:03 AM Subject: Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8) On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Bill Troop <mailto:billtroop@xxxxxxxxbilltroop@xxxxxxxx> wrote: It can't have taken more than an hour to set up VMware and W2K, and XyWrite works perfectly. This is on Win 8.1. Bill, Are you also using Tame? Or does Xywrite work perfectly well in this set up without Tame? I've never used Win 2k. I went from Win98 to Win XP -- and I seem to remember that I first needed Tame to get Xywrite to work properly on an XP machine. Lynn