Re: xy windows

Nathan Sivin:

>You can use XYWin to copy *into* the Windows clipboard (e.g.,
>to then paste into an email message) but, at least in my
>setup, you can't go the other way.

In mine, I can. But either way around (copying or pasting), what's clipped
has to be *short*.

If I want to shunt medium-length (let alone long) chunks between XyWin and
conventional Windoze programs, I either do so via TSR or I use TSR instead
of XyWin.

The Technology Group knows about the clipboard limits. After all, George
Bushman said of it on this very mailing list (on 23 September 1997):

> Xywrite's clipboard limit seems to be tied to the page size of your
> document.
> If you set the page length to CUSTOM and a length of 500 MM (approx 20
> inches) at the beginning of the document, then you can cut a larger
> number of words to the clipboard.
>
> I know this is a sloppy work around, but that is the only known
> solution.

But good news: TTG is working on it! According to the company's own web
page http://www.tgrp.com/support/ :

>If you use any of our products and encounter something
>you think is a programming bug, we want to know about
>it! We constantly work to improve our products and
>assure they provide reliable, consistent service you
>can count on.

Peter Evans