Re: OS2 Warp vs Win95

Reply to note from "R Tennenbaum"  Wed,
15 Apr 98 08:45:21 -0500

-> OS/2 would be able to "see" everything on the W95 partition, so
-> long as it had been formatted simply FAT; if it's FAT32, you'd
-> need to use Partition Magic to convert it.

Actually, there is a FAT32 file system under development that
allows OS/2 to read/write to FAT32 partitions. To quote a recent
WarpCast announcement:

-> Henk Kelder has released beta 0.62 of his FAT32.IFS, which
-> allows FAT32 partitions to be accessed from OS/2. (FAT32 is
-> Microsoft's new filesystem for Win95 OSR 2.x and above)
->
-> This beta is available from:
->
-> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hkelder/#FAT32

I haven't tried it (I don't have any FAT32 partitions), so I can't
say how well it works.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/