Re: hyphen conversion

Scott Berkley wrote:

> Occasionally, I get a file in xywrite 3+ which has hyphens in it which are unsearchable. They appear on screen and print but aren't located with a cv or similar command. I tried the other ascii hyphens and they didn't search either. Has anyone ever had this trouble? And is it possible to copy text into the command line which then might make the search work? Thanks.

Write an XPL routine called, say, hyfix.pgm. This is how it should look (function calls, which will
appear as boldface on your screen, but aren't, are shown below withing {squigglies}. In case you
don't know, you enter pfunc on the command line to create function calls. Thus to create the first
entry below you will type pfunc BC, etc.

[BC} ci /{r4}{r5}/-/{XC}{BC}

Note that the sample I have provided you supposes that you wish to replace all the faux hyphens with
true hyphens. If this is not the case, of course, you should prelace the CI with CV or perhaps SE,
depending on your needs/preferences.

Salud!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)