Re: configure Xywrite for USB printer?

On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:59:34 -0400, Robert Holmgren
 wrote:

>>you're absolutely right! It's a parallel-only printer!<<
It occurred to me afterwards that they are probably trying to print to it using a USB-to-parallel cable adapter. The things exist--I've seen them in catalogues--but I'm not sanguine about their effectiveness. Back in the PC equivalent of the Upper Chalcolithic, we were trying to print to a serial printer from a parallel port. Set LPT1=COM2 in config.sys, set mode com in autoexec.bat, had a very savvy tech guy, but no could do. I'd be surprised if things are much different now.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx