Re: left shift introduces space

Paul,

I wouldn't want to speak in Carl's place for anything but I do recall
that when I set up my keyboard file for XY4 all those years ago, there
was some issue with the Tech Group's Xy4-Xy3.kbd, as I think it was
called, that involved something to do with number lock.

Yes, I realize this is not much of a help but maybe it will jog somebody
else's memory.

Paul Breeze wrote:

Dear Carl Grrr. I have done as you suggested, but neither NI nor NINO makes any difference. I am using a modified XY3 keyboard file in XY4 when this happens. If I switch to the old CUA XY4 file, then I do not get this problem. (I prefer the modifed XY3 keyboard because at present I have to switch frequently between the two and this way the keyboard is always the same.) Does this offer any clues as to its source?
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup