Free XenoLingual Fonts

Since a large number of folks in this group also have an interest in
typography, I thought I'd pass along this site:
There are currently eight public domain fonts available for use for
non-commercial purposes (e.g., publicly accessible Web sites) by anyone who
would like to download them; they may also be used in printed material.
Anyone who wants to use the SP fonts in a commercial electronic product
(online, CD-ROM, etc.) must get permission from Jimmy Adair, the copyright
holder, prior to use. Three are Hebrew/Aramaic fonts: SPTiberian (a standard
Hebrew font), SPDamascus (a thinner font with Palestinian as well as
Tiberian vowel points), and SPEzra (a simple, fixed-width Hebrew font).
There are two Greek fonts: SPIonic (a more complete Greek font) and SPDoric
(a simpler, uncial font). Other fonts are SPEdessa (a Syriac Estrangela
font), SPAchmim (a Coptic font), and SPAtlantis (a transliteration font that
includes diacriticals and other special characters that allow the
representation of numerous Indo-European, Semitic, and other languages--this
font is available in both Roman and Italic type). All of these fonts are
TrueType fonts, and each is available in both Macintosh  and Windows
 formats. Each font also has associated with it a .readme file that
explains the keyboard mapping of the font. The Michigan-Claremont encoding
scheme is the basis for the character maps used in the Hebrew/Aramaic and
Syriac fonts, and the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae encoding scheme is the basis
for the Greek and Coptic fonts.
See http://rosetta.atla-certr.org/TC/fonts/
http://rosetta.atla-certr.org/TC/fonts/

Brian Henderson
Print Composition Dept.
Mitchell Repair Information Co.
San Diego, CA

www.mitchell1.com

brian.henderson@xxxxxxxx
(858) 391-5000 - x.6533

"I love deadlines - I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
- Douglas Adams