Re: Windows registry cleanup tools - PowerQuest Drive Image

"Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> But when
> you're creating the bootable CD, Acronis asks you for a
> boot floppy from which to copy the hidden system files

In my case, that was not true at all. I have created bootable Acronis CDs
(from version 8 onwards) both under Win98 and Win XP, and was never
asked for any such thing. In fact, unless you are talking some really
old version, it sounds extremely unlikely, given the fact that the vast
majority of XP users out there wouldn't even have a boot floppy, or a
floppy drive. What's more, I just checked and confirmed that the Acronis
boot CD is Linux-based. So it definitely doesn't need the original
system files to boot. And it doesn't need them for restoring either,
since the image already contains everything.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx