Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:
the problem with us newbies/lusers is the documentation is trying to tell us things we think we really don't want to know.
Not I. The problem is that sometimes I need to do something
quickly, and then delve into the innards later. And I cannot find
out, e.g., how and where to enter the opening balance in an
accounting package (it eventually turned out you couldn't do it
unless you did it when you created the account--which is asinine:
I don't know my opening baalance until mid Feb.)
seriously, it's not that complicated. I don't want to annoy anyone with a
commercial for Linux but -- about the basic functions, there are very good books
that make things quite clear (I started with the O'Reilly Running Linux) and failing
that, countless sites offer quite good background and support.
Yes, I should love to give Microsludge the boot and run Linux,
but it all takes time, and that I don't have.
for better or worse, however, if you want to do anything a little bit unusual, you'll want to get familiar with how things work, and getting XyWrite running happens to be exactly unusual enough. it really doesn't need me saying it but the powerful knowledge of Linux is a corollary to the blissful ignorance of Windows.

Hay, I like command lines.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx