Re: Zap26

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Reply to note from Fred Weiner mailto:fw1948@xxxxxxxx Sat, 25 Jun 2011
15:18:06 -0700

> Should I assume that the routine automatically saves after
> "zapping?" And that if SAved again, the EOF would be re-
> inserted?

No, ZAP26 operates on the file on disk. If there are unsaved changes
in the file on screen, you've got to SAve it manually *before*
issuing ZAP26. If you SAve it afterwards, the EOF will indeed be re-
inserted.

It's easy enough to modify frame ZAP26 so that it SAves the file
before zapping. Insert "BX saQ2 " (no quotes, real funcs BX and Q2)
immediately before ">". If you modify the frame, don't
attempt to SAve U2; rather, with the edited U2 file in the current
window, issue LOADHELP.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx