Re: XY to PDF on OS X--two steps

Russ,
I do have VPC (pre-Microsoft-owned version), but I don't run Xy in it, partly because it's a bit too slow on my old 833MHz iBook.
As to yanking out flash drives: in my Win XP as long as the lights have
stopped flashing, I have no problem. I did in Win 98.
Hi Harry,

When i did this, using Virtual PC (VPC) i usually did something like:

1. From XY, printf ,Z:out.ps (I think this is how the printf command
worked.)
The Z: drive was mapped to my desktop via VPC. (If you could network
your mac to your PC, i'm pretty sure you could assign a drive to that
network mapping and do something like this without having write to a
flash drive then take that flash drive to your Mac. Or maybe not.
Depends on your setup.)
2. Double click on out.ps, on my desktop. This would open the file in
Preview automatically.
3. Save this file as a PDF file.

This also saves having to unmount the drive. (While it is a very
simple step to drag the drive icon to the trash to unmount, you CAN
screw things up by just unplugging the flash drive. I think Windows
also complains if you just unplug a flash drive.)

I hope this has helped you to print/create pdf's of your XY doc's.

Russ