Re: Re PostGhost Fonts (and the Euro)

Robert Holmgren wrote:
≪There aren't any "superior numbers" in these fonts. (Well, there's 1, 2, and 3
-- but I don't think that's what you mean...). Could you enlarge on the
problem?≫
Sorry, I wasn't referring to just numbers, but to ≪MD+SU≫ as a
whole. As always in Postscript, it just raises the letters/numbers/other
characters above the baseline of the font; it doesn't diminish their
size. It's fixable, in a kludgy way, for most other instances of MD+SU,
but the fact that note numbers in text are superior is evidently set
deep in the innards of XyWrite (though there is a default to change it;
but I want superior numbers). So it would be nice to have them look like
normal superior numbers. As I say, there are workarounds, but if the
scaling could be done in the printer file in one fell swoop, it would be
a more elegant solution. Whether elegance is worth the effort only you
can say.

And thaks for thorn, edh, and ligature AE. One can discourse learnedly
of matters Anglo-Saxon with accuracy and ease.

Patricia M. Godfrey