Re: Logon

I hate to say it, but the LOG.LOG problem is not so simple. As
previously reported, I had in my XY directory no LOG.LOG, but a
SIVIN.LOG containing only function FF. I moved that file out.
When I cranked up XY, I got the opening screen demanding I log
on, but the command line wouldn't take keystrokes; I had to take
my leave with the 3-fingered salute. I then moved SIVIN.LOG back
in so I could open the program and try experiments. When I
created a blank LOG.LOG and moved SIVIN.LOG out again, same thing
happened. When I added a function FF to LOG.LOG, same thing. When
I restored SIVIN.LOG, no problem starting up.

I wonder whether this has something to do with the version of XY,
a topic that has not come up. Mine is a 4.018 upgrade from 4.017.
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science