Re: file-specific display mode

Wouldn't Savesess (U2) be easier. It brings you back to exactly where you
were and in the state in which you left (relative pronouns notwithstanding).

Michael Norman

At 6/8/2004 02:40 PM -0400, Patricia M Godfrey wrote:
Is there anyway one can code a given file or files to always open in a
specific mode (expanded, in this case)? One can, of course, set the
default mode from the CoMmandLine before calling the file, or call the
file and then quickly hit Ctrl-F8. But I often forget to do the first or
want other files to display in draft mode. And some of the dBase program
files that I'm writing in XyWrite (one of these days I will write up this
technique for getting the best of both worlds) have ColumnTable code in
them that XyW protests if the file isn't in Expanded Mode.
Patricia